JRI Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things I Always Forget

3 posters

Go down

Things I Always Forget Empty Things I Always Forget

Post by mblaylo1 Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:10 am

This topic was created to share details about trips that are often overlooked, no matter how many times you run a trip. Hopefully, putting these down in writing will help bring attention to these details and help to remember them next time!

To start off, I will talk about trekking polls.

No matter how many times i run trips i always seem to forget to tell guests to change their trekking poll length on the hike out. No matter how many times i forget (and remind myself), inevitably it always seems to happen again. Changing trekking poll length seems minor, but it can make a huge difference for your guests.

mblaylo1

Back to top Go down

Things I Always Forget Empty Re: Things I Always Forget

Post by StefanDudzinski Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:17 am

I often forget to tell people the basics of sleeping in the backcountry. People who are on the first trip of their lives usually don't know the little tips of sleeping in tents and sleeping bags. For example, I saw a client who slept cold one night and realized his sleeping bag was unzipped all night. So I find that it is important to discuss insulation, trapping body heat, and when to use the bathroom at night.

StefanDudzinski

Back to top Go down

Post by dallancaldwell Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:02 pm

Its not really things I forget but what most people forget when camping if they are not doing it all the time. the headlamps and shinning it into the face of those around them. reminders on this are also a great thing when it comes to shinning it into other peoples camps when sleeping.

dallancaldwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum